Well, being excited about my new blog. Thought I would try a new recipe out for supper. Changed a few things to taste and this is what I came up with. My husband and I both enjoyed…and well the kids…they had chicken quesidillas (still can’t get them to try squid). Anyway, here is the recipe, I am also going to attempt to upload a photo of our meal.
Curried Calamari and Green Beans
– 1 pound calamari (cleaned and cut into rings)
– 1/2 pound green beans (washed and tips trimmed)
– 1/4 cup of almonds or pine nuts lightly toasted (I used sliced almonds)
– 3 tbsp of oil (I used grapeseed oil, veg oil would work fine too)
– 4 tsp of curry powder
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp sugar
– 3 garlic cloves (minced)
– 2 tbsp cilantro or fresh italian parsley (I used cilantro)
– 1/2 lemon
– dash hot sauce (optional)
Place calamari along with 1 tbsp of the oil, 3 tsp of the curry powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix well. I let mine marinate for a few hours in the fridge, but you can also use right away. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat until oil just starts to smoke. Add calamari and stir fry for a minute or so. Then add garlic, green beans, remaining curry powder and cumin. Stir fry until the green beans have softened slightly but are still bright green (about 4-5 mins).
Remove from heat toss with cilantro or parsley and almonds or pine nuts squeeze fresh lemon over all. Add hot sauce if you like to taste.