I’ve decided to get back to food blogging. Stay tuned as I switch websites and update this with many tasty treats…..Here’s an oldie to tide you over until then:
Rumor has it that this pasta was created long ago by the women of the night to lure clients in with the smell of garlic and anchovies and olives….it definitely lures me in – although I have a problem when it comes to pasta – a serious problem.
Here’s what you need:
– Anchovies or Anchovy Paste about 2 tbsp of paste or a 2-3 anchovies
– 4 cloves Garlic
– 1 large handful of Kalamata Olives (or another variety would be fine too)
– 1tbsp of Red Chili Flakes (less if you don’t like it too spicy – I love mine pretty spicy)
– a good handful of capers
– 1-2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
– 1 tsp of oregano
– 1 zuchinni, chopped
– 1 28 oz can of San Marzano Tomatoes (they are worth the extra buck – they are the best!)
– 1 package of linguini or spagetti (I like De Cecco or Barilla brands)
– 1 Bunch of Fresh Basil, Torn roughly
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook your pasta until al dente as per your package instructions (don’t overcook)
In a large Saucepan over medium heat throw in your olive oil, anchovies, garlic, olives and chill flakes and cook them a little for just a minute or so. Throw in your zucchini, capers and oregano. Cook for another few minutes and then with your hands – crush your tomatoes a little and throw in. Once your pasta is finished – drain and add this in. Turn off the heat and tear fresh basil in and serve immediately.