I’m trying to use up what we have in our freezer, and I had taken out a package of ground chicken this morning that we bought from a local farmer this year.
I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with it. My problem is I usually have too many ideas going around in my head for recipes that I find it hard to narrow down and commit. The choice was made when I saw I also had a bit of very ripe fresh pineapple to use up in the fridge so I decided a pizza may be in order.
We make homemade pizzas quite a bit in our house and our favorite crust recipe is one by Wolfgang puck. Here’s a link to the recipe on my site Pizza Dough it’s really easy and takes no time to make.
For the toppings tonight we used the following:
– Caramelized Onions (2 onions cooked very slowly over low heat in a little olive oil until golden, stick y and sweet)
– 1 Fresh Jalepeno, seeded and chopped fine
– Ground Chicken – cooked with 1 diced onion and 2 cloves garlic until cooked and then add in about 1/2-3/4 bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce
– Fresh Pineapple cut in chunks
– 1/4 of a thinly sliced red onion
– Mozza – grated
– Parmesan Reggiano – grated
I par-cooked my dough a bit by brushing with a bit of olive oil and pepper and poking holes in it with a fork. Let bake at 450F for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven spread on your caramelized onions, bbq chicken, jalepeno, red onion, pineapple and top with your mozza and fresh grated parm. Bake at 450F until cheese is browned and crust cooked all the way through. Sprinkle the top with fresh torn basil leaves and serve.