I tweeked the recipe a bit, using brie instead of fresh mozzerella and also cutting down on the salt and cutting down on the olives a bit, as it was asking for way salty stuff in my opinion. Delish – great for a summer day…wishful thinking on my part a few more months till we will likely have patio weather.
I should note that this pasta salad is best eaten right away. If you would like to prepare in advance, add the basil and parmesan right before serving…and let the salad come to room temperature.
For the salad
– 1/2 pound of rotini pasta (about 2 cups dry)
– 1 pound ripe tomatoes, diced and seeded
– 1/3-1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and diced
– 1 round of brie (rind removed and diced)
– 6 sun dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
– 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Regiano cheese
– 1 cup basil leaves (julienned)
For the dressing
Combine the following in a food processor and pulse until smooth
– 5 sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 garlic clove chopped
– 1 tsp capers (drained)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3/4 tsp pepper (freshly ground)
Cook pasta until all dente – let cool and mix with salad ingredients, toss with dressing and serve. Serves likely 6-8 people. Enjoy!